Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Samsung LN26D450 26-Inch 720p 60 Hz LCD HDTV

First, let me say that I purchased this TV based on the reviews posted here. The TV was easy to hook up except for the stand. The stand that came with the TV did not fit properly. I contacted Amazon and they offered two options: (1) I could order a new TV and just use the new stand or (2), I could call Samsung and have them send me a new stand. I chose the second option because the TV had already been hooked up and was already programmed. In hindsight, I should have chosen option 1. Samsumg was difficult to deal with as I had to send them the Amazon bill (which I did six times). I kept Amazon informed, and after sending the bill to Samsung for the third time, Amazon did an amazing thing - they sent me a new TV via Fedex so that I could take out the new stand and attach it to the TV. They even paid for return shipping. So that's what I did. Thank you! Amazon!



As for the TV itself, I did not find the sound to be tinny in any way. The picture is fabulous, and navigating my way around the different programs was easy. I am loving this - my first flat screen TV.

Samsung tends to be slightly higher in price compared to other televisions of like attributes, but with that slightly higher price comes quality and satisfaction. For those that have many devices to connect, do note the following:

HDMI: 2 (version 1.4)
Component Video (Y/PB/PR): 1
PC Input: 1
USB 2.0 Ports: 1
Component Audio Input: 1
PC Audio Input: 1

My wife and I are very happy with this LCD.

No comments:

Post a Comment