Saturday, February 25, 2012

Samsung UN22D5003 22-Inch 1080p Clear Motion Rate 120 LED HDTV

I bought this TV after reading some good reviews. When I bought it, I was led to believe that it was a 120hz set, as was stated in the description until just a few days ago. It is a 60hz set in actuality. I'm unhappy about this, but it's not the end of the world.



Pros:
*Thin and light, as it's supposed to be.
*HD media looks very good.
*Holds colors very well from side-to-side angles.
*Volume is very sufficient for the smallish room it is in.
*Sleek design.
*Very low electricity consumption.
*Fairly inexpensive.

Cons:
*Not 120hz, as advertised.
*Non-HD media looks anywhere from crummy to just okay/kind of good. From my reading, this is not restricted to just this set, and is prevalent in many HDTV monitors.
*Picture washes out quickly when viewed from even slightly below or above level.
*While cost is manageable, there are similar sized(even slightly bigger) sets that cost $10-$20 less, though I cannot comment on their comparative quality.

I like this TV. I do wish that the original description had been accurate, as I spent more on this set for a feature it did not in actuality have. For non-HD media, I usually have to scale down from the 16:9 ratio to 4:3 ratio to make it look good enough to not be bothered. As stated though, this is a widespread problem with many HD type TV's and monitors. I personally paid $249 for this set, and it has since been as low as $239. I think it is a pretty decent product for either price.

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment