Wednesday, February 15, 2012

VIZIO M261VP 26-Inch 1080p LED LCD HDTV

I hemmed and hawed over this TV in the store, and after reading reviews passed it up (due to sound complaints). I wound up receiving one as a gift.

I couldn't be more pleased! The picture is great, and the Internet apps work very well. Vudu works great, Facebook, Twitter, and just about any other Yahoo widget is at your fingertips. Netflix works very well also.



The styling is nice, and it is extermely thin and light. The included stand does the job just fine, and matches the rest of the TV.

The remote control isn't all that hot. It's bulky/boxy, and feels like I'm using a remote control from the 50s/60s when I push the buttons. It works fine, but just feels "wrong". Luckly I had an old Logitech Harmony I set up to work perfectly with it.

My only complaint is, you guessed it, the sound!! It's terrible! Transistor radio or really cheap radio sound actually may have a leg up on this! VERY tinny with no dynamic sound whatsoever. I went out and bought a $15 pair of computer speakers to hook up to the headphone jack. They're not fantastic either, but a marked improvement over the built-in speakers! If Vizio did one thing to this TV it should be to improve the audio!! if you're going to connect it to a home theater setup or sound bar via the digital optical out, then no worries. Otherwise, you might want to pick up a pair of computer speakers.

The video is crisp and sharp in HD, and even the SD looks pretty good (certainly beats my old 19" tube!). It does change channels a little slow, but there's a pop-up channel list that's decent to use for quickly popping around.

To sum it up, if sound isn't an issue for you, buy this TV!! 26" is perfect for a bedroom for run-of-the-mill TV fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment